Trainee Quality Assessor – Ref:1926-1927
Position: Trainee Quality Assessor
Positions Available: 2
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new role as a Trainee Quality Assessor based in the Midlands reporting to the Quality Manager.
You will be responsible for visiting operatives engaged on street works, evaluating & reporting on their quality via hand held devices, administering tool box talks or other coaching methods to improve the overall field quality.
The work will involve driving most days.
As the successful candidates will be monitoring the operative’s street works quality the positions will be satisfying & rewarding as the improvements are shown to be made.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Live quality and NRSWA compliance audits checking civils site works & uploading findings onto a smartphone
- Ensuring compliance & that ongoing works are to the correct relevant specifications & conditions
- Coaching operatives & administering tool box talks to raise the overall field quality.
- Efficient communication and engagement with the Management team.
- Meeting operational targets set by the management team.
- Submission of information to the management team to keep the client updated.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Specification for the reinstatement of Openings in Highways (yellow book)
- Detailed knowledge of the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (red book)
- Telecommunications civils works experience of a supervisory standard
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities
- Computer literate
- Outstanding communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work location
- Hold a full UK driver’s licence.
- Hold the following qualifications: NRSWA, CSCS, CPCS or equivalent
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.