Trainee / Graduate Civils Supervisor – Ref: 1722 / 1723
Position: Trainee / Graduate Civils Supervisor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The successfully candidate will learn how to oversee all field activities and staff to ensure that production, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Principal duties include working with the contractors to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver an outstanding level of service whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
With assistance from the Civils Supervisors and Management teams you will also demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each scheme.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Challenging the Management team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver outstanding projects
- Promoting near miss and positive Intervention reporting
- Strong leadership with employees on site with a key focus on driving production and performance
- Efficient communication and engagement with the Management team
- Quality Assurance
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and SLA`s are achieved
- Uploading documents to Company systems as and when necessary in line with business requirements
- Developing accurate programmes for weekly updates
- Ensuring compliance to procedures through weekly/monthly reports
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Provide a support role for projects, costs, programmes, documentations, site activities and procurement
- Support Civils Supervisors with weekly submission of information including timesheets, material sheets and plant & site checklist
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings
- Operative’s Appraisals
- Post quality and financial audits to ensure a good quality is maintained and to sign off final measures for invoicing purposes
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have good IT skills
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.