Trainee Fibre Splicer – Ref: 3190
Position: Trainee Fibre Splicer
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
At present we are looking to recruit a Trainee Fibre Splicer to provide support to our VMB Midlands team.
As a Trainee Fibre Splicer, you will undertake structured training programs where required in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the business requirements.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled engineering staff.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable city and guilds courses throughout the training period, achieving the practical skills in order to entitle progression.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace.
- To develop the skills to construct or modify fibre networks from verbal instructions and drawings to a high degree of precision.
- To learn how to maintain Fibre equipment and to keep it in good repair.
- To maintain documentation over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the site.
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- To learn new computer skills where required.
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.