Position: Team Leader (Ops Support)
Location: Midlands- Oldbury
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Team Leader in our Operations support department. The post holder will work closely with the Operations Support Manager to provide comprehensive support.
The candidate must have the ability to provide direction, instructions and guidance to a group of individuals, who can also be known as a team, for the purpose of achieving a certain goal. A professional and confidential manner will be required at all times.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the day to day administrative requirements to the Streetworks team, some remote working nationally.
- Responsible for ensuring daily work volumes of raising and completing council notices for Streetworks Nationally are meet.
- Ensuring Registering Excavation coordinates are compliant
- Liaise with operations, bus companies & LA’s to arrange bus stop/parking bay suspensions
- Manage requests for extensions/amendments required to notices/permits road closures, etc. as per TM requirements
- Management of Defects and Interims.
- Investigate and provide information to the performance analyst relating to S74’s, FPN’s, etc.
- Attend Council meetings and customer meetings, travel required.
- Planning and prioritisation of work stack activities (team visits, checks, meetings, etc.
- Maintaining and improving productivity without compromising safety and quality.
- Escalate relevant issues and observations to supporting manager.
- Daily interface with coordinators, ensuring completion of work and targets hit.
- Coaching of teams in the spirit of continuous improvement & identify training needs.
- Effective performance management through transparent, two way communication and regular and meaningful 121s to drive performance.
- Ensure close working relationship with senior managers, field and customer
- Build and maintain close working relationships to manage customer-affecting issues to resolution and ensure consistency in the customer experience.
- Promote and encourage development of staff
- Support and encourage Health & safety within the team
- Owning, executing and delivering daily work requirements against customer metrics. Maintain In house and external systems
- KPI and SLA’s meant internally and to customers
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Team Leader experience essential include remote working experience
- As a NRSWA team leader you will require experience in the use of Streetworks noticing systems with a good knowledge of the New Roads and Streetworks and Traffic Management Act. This is essential
- You should be proficient in Microsoft packages and be a good communicator.
- Have a keen eye for detail
- The ability to analyse and collate data
- Sound decision making skills
- The ability to assist with developing policy, administrative and technical procedures and appropriate documentation
- Good time management Skills, Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages incl Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Proven experience of overseeing and managing a team
- Able to identify and work with key internal / external stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all information provided
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Achieving results
- Personal accountability
- Team work
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.