Stores Operative – Ref: 3531CM
What are we looking for?
Are you a committed, hard-working and eager to learn individual? Then come and join the Comex 2000 family!
We are looking for someone to manage our warehouse stock, both dispatching and inwards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communicates well and listens effectively
- Full Clean driving license
- Computer literate – MS Office, Excel
- Willingness to work additional and unsociable hours as and when required
- Communicates clearly and listens effectively
What will you be doing?
As a Stores Operative, your core responsibilities will be –
- Ensure site security is maintained throughout the day to ensure stock integrity
- Complete a full monthly stock audit and ensure Stock accuracy is always maintained, all movements of stock are transacted real time
- Hold a fork-lift licence and/or telehandler license
- Work flexible hours to accommodate operational requirements (40 hours)
- Assist loading and unloading civils and cable gang vehicles
- Enforce good housekeeping disciplines to maintain yard management and organisation
- Liaise with Operations Manager on site over any issues with staff behaviours in the yard or warehouse
- Enforce Comex2000 procedures for stock control
- Assist transport department with control of fuel cards, tax disks etc.
- Maintain a small stock of PPE clothing, tools, and equipment recording any issues
- To organise and control the audit of all incoming material from suppliers
- Prepare material for point of use in accordance with written instructions
- Shortage management and reporting
- Liaise with Planning and Purchasing to solve any issues related to the plan
- Prepare shipments for dispatch
- Organise and prepare all relevant paperwork
- Follow the delivery schedule to ensure all customer deliveries are met right first time and in full
- Liaise with couriers and third parties
- Ensure all stock movement is electronically transacted in real time
- Observe safe working systems within the work cells and report any issues affecting Health and Safety
- To arrange and control the issue of plant line equipment
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link: