Storeman – Ref:1805
We currently have an exciting new role for a Stores Operative to join our London office. The stores operative will manage warehouse stock, dispatching and goods inwards.
Your main activities will include:
- Ensure site security is maintained throughout the day to ensure stock integrity
- Complete a full monthly stock audit and ensure Stock accuracy is maintained at all times, all movements of stock are transacted real time.
- Hold a fork-lift licence and/or telehandler license
- Work flexible hours to accommodate operational requirements (45 hours)
- Assist loading and unloading civils and cable gang vehicles
- Enforce good housekeeping disciplines to maintain yard management and organisation
- Liaise with Operations Manager on site over any issues with staff behaviours in the yard or warehouse
- Enforce Comex2000 procedures for stock control
- Assist transport department with control of fuel cards, tax disks etc.
- Maintain a small stock of PPE clothing, tools, and equipment recording any issues
- To organise and control the audit of all incoming material from suppliers
- Prepare material for point of use in accordance with written instructions
- Shortage management and reporting
- Liaise with Planning and Purchasing to solve any issues related to the plan
- Prepare shipments for dispatch
- Organise and prepare all relevant paperwork
- Follow the delivery schedule to ensure all customer deliveries are met right first time and in full
- Liaise with couriers and third parties
- Ensure all stock movement is electronically transacted in real time
- Observe safe working systems within the work cells and report any issues affecting Health and Safety
- To arrange and control the issue of plant line equipment
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Communicates well and listens effectively
- Full Clean driving license
- Computer literate – MS Office, Excel
- Willingness to work additional and unsociable hours as and when required
- Communicates clearly and listens effectively
• Opportunities for career progression
• Development and training
• Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
• Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
• Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.