Position: Stores Operative
Number of Roles: 2
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have 2 exciting new role for a Stores Operative to join our team in Wolverhampton. The stores operative will manage warehouse stock, dispatching and goods inwards
Your main activities will include:
- Ensure site security is maintained throughout the day to ensure stock integrity
- Complete a full monthly stock audit and ensure Stock accuracy is maintained at all times, all movements of stock are transacted real time.
- Hold a fork-lift licence and/or telehandler license
- Work flexible hours to accommodate operational requirements (45 hours)
- Assist loading and unloading civils and cable gang vehicles
- Enforce good housekeeping disciplines to maintain yard management and organisation
- Liaise with Operations Manager on site over any issues with staff behaviours in the yard or warehouse
- Enforce Comex2000 procedures for stock control
- Assist transport department with control of fuel cards, tax disks etc.
- Maintain a small stock of PPE clothing, tools, and equipment recording any issues
- To organise and control the audit of all incoming material from suppliers
- Prepare material for point of use in accordance with written instructions
- Shortage management and reporting
- Liaise with Planning and Purchasing to solve any issues related to the plan
- Prepare shipments for dispatch
- Organise and prepare all relevant paperwork
- Follow the delivery schedule to ensure all customer deliveries are met right first time and in full
- Liaise with couriers and third parties
- Ensure all stock movement is electronically transacted in real time
- Observe safe working systems within the work cells and report any issues affecting Health and Safety
- To arrange and control the issue of plant line equipment
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Communicates well and listens effectively
- Full Clean driving license
- Computer literate – MS Office, Excel
- Willingness to work additional and unsociable hours as and when required
- Communicates clearly and listens effectively
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and Training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.