Health and Safety (SSHEQ) Advisor – Ref:1925
Position: Health and Safety (SSHEQ) Advisor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The post holder will provide management support, advice and information necessary for departments of the business to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe, environmentally-friendly manner with a zero-harm culture.
Be seen to add value to the Operations Team through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the SSHEQ & Operations Team.
Main duties include accountability for the following
- Write clear, concise and readily understood reports and documents for both internal stakeholders and our clients.
- Apply technical or specialist knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Support the Operations Team with the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
- Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
- Help the Operations Teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
- A strong understanding of sub-contractor management.
- Highlight areas of strength and best practice so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them.
- Assist and support Projects to improve HSEQ performance.
- Undertake investigations of incidents and participate in complex investigations, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ownership of training for management & operatives, ensuring compliance.
- Keep abreast of legislation, developments and best practices within their areas of expertise.
- Write briefings on HSEQ topics and procedures to enable the information to be cascaded further.
- Take ownership of Comex2000 procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements.
Technical knowledge, backed by experience, in one or more of the following topics:
- Health & Safety Management, including CDM.
- Environment & Sustainability.
- Quality & Assurance management systems.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, suitable for clients, sub-contractors & our workforce.
- An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes conflicting priorities of the management team.
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
- The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
- The ability to work within a team and influence others.
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
- Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001 & ISO14001.
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree, Dip NEBOSH, Grad IOSH or suitable experience.
- Qualification and membership of a professional institution (IOSH, IEMA, CQI or similar).
- NRSWA & CSCS at senior levels.
- A full and current driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Technical knowledge, backed by some experience, in one or more of the following fields:
- Civils Engineering (essential)
- Fibre Splicing (desirable)
- Heavy cable industry (desirable)
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.