SSHEQ Advisor – Ref: 3066BM
Position: SSHEQ Advisor
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
To provide support, advice and information necessary for operational teams to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Be seen to add value to the operational teams through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist Operational teams in the planning and mobilisation of SSHEQ requirements on new projects.
- Produce performance reports for both internal stakeholders and clients.
- Support the operational team on site and within depots.
- Support the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
- Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
- Supporting sub-contractor SSHEQ performance.
- Assist and support projects to improve SSHEQ performance.
- Undertake investigations of events, identify their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
- Supporting training where appropriate to ensure compliance.
- Keep abreast of legislation, developments and best practices within all aspects of SSHEQ.
- Develop briefings on SSHEQ topics to enable the information to be cascaded further.
- Take ownership of Comex2000 procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices, legal and other requirements.
- Health & safety management, including CDM.
- Environmental & waste management.
- Quality and assurance management systems.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills.
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
- The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing business priorities or solutions.
- The ability to work within a team and influence others.
- Able to undertake audits to ISO 9001, ISO 45001 & ISO14001 standards.
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high SSHEQ ethic.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Likely to have a minimum of 2 years business experience.
- Likely to hold the following qualifications:
- Tech IOSH and Associate of IEMA
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Health & Safety Certificate or equivalent
- IEMA Foundation Certificate or equivalent
- A full and current driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Desirable NRSWA & CSCS cards.
All applications in writing, including full CV.