Residential Installation Engineer
Job Title: Installation Engineer
Location: We currently have vacancies available in South London, North London and North West London.
Experience required: We currently have vacancies available in South London, North London and North West London.
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
Our continued investment in people, technology and systems keeps us at the forefront of our industry sector and we are on the look-out for more enthusiastic, professional and customer focused people to join our growing team.
We are looking to recruit trainee and experienced residential installation engineers in the South East England region. You will be working on a field engineering basis, installing digital TV, broadband and telephony services to residential customers.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and may require travelling throughout South East England to install and configure systems at residential properties. Prior experience of working with the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we will be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional and customer oriented candidates coming from other backgrounds.
This role will involve external and internal cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Installation of Broadband, CATV and Telephony services in residential premises.
- Deliver professional and concise customer education.
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment and at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy.
- Ensure vehicles are not over-loaded or otherwise pose a risk.
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
- Ability to take direction from management and execute works in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Quick learning skills.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.
Working week is Tuesday to Saturday.