Quantity Surveyor – Ref:1935
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new role to join our team as a Quantity Surveyor. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be required to provide an end-to-end service including pre-contract and post-contract duties – predominantly on NEC3 ECC contracts. You must have relevant experience within the telecoms, infrastructure, construction or rail industries running your own projects. You will be required to provide commercial and contract administration to various projects across the midlands, whilst identifying opportunities to reduce cost and increase value recovery, ultimately maximising profitability.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will work closely with the operational delivery teams ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled, and delivery is on time and budget.
Your main activities will include:
- Management of day-to-day commercial and contract activities
- Pricing works using a Schedule of Rates (NEC3 Option B BoQ)
- Pricing works using activity schedules (NEC3 Option A)
- Contract administration
- Compiling Applications for Payment
- Subcontractor Application for Payment assessment
- Preparing compensation events
- A relevant Quantity Surveying qualification and/or sufficient experience
- A working knowledge of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Ability to undertake site remeasures if required
- Ability to work with high volumes of work within prescribed timescales
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Act
- Strong excel/IT skills
Other preferred skills:
- MRICS or MCInstCES
- Knowledge of the telecommunications infrastructure industry
- Working knowledge of CEMAR
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.