Project Manager – Ref: 3185HJ
Position: Project Manager
The post holder will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for the day to day Project management of Major telecoms programmes of work and BAU works to ensure they are carried out diligently and accurately.
A professional and confidential manner will always be required. You will be responsible for overseeing all field objectives ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and to the standards and quality set by the business and our clients. You will also ensure site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Principal duties include working with Sub contractors and clients to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver an outstanding level of service whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
With assistance from the Management team you will also demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss cost to complete reports for each scheme.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, and execute a programme of works for a prescribed work stream.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all project deliverables
- Take a pro-active approach with the forward planning and reporting of the project.
- Provide routine updates to project stakeholders by maintaining systems, applications, databases or other.
- Coordinate the procurement of project supplies and materials, ensuring these items are tracked from supplier to installation.
- Be creative and find innovative ways to improve the project.
- Create monthly reports.
- Performance Management of the team.
- Liaising with clients, Local authorities and sub-contractors competently
- Track and manage scheduling and noticing of scheduled works where necessary
- Track and manage subcontractor invoices/billing
- Support the build delivery team in ensuring high quality standards
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is delivered within the agreed SLA
- Responsible for own health and safety and adhering to company policy and procedures
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- A good understanding of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery with experience of working on the Openreach Network – desirable
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience.
- Relevant experience within the Telecommunications arena, with a proven track record of successful delivery of large-scale Telecom Projects
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages especially Excel, Visio and Project.
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the requirements under H&S
- Prince 2 – Foundation and practitioner or APM qualification – Desirable
- SMSTS Qualification – Desirable
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Proficient working knowledge of Symology and permitting