Fibre Project Manager – Ref: 3072HJ
Position: Fibre Project Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The Project Manager will head up a Multidisciplinary Design and Build team to deliver a programme of works within their work stream. Ensuring the delivery of the project on behalf of the client, to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan.
The role will include both upward and downward reporting within Comex 2000 and the client, always, providing clear and precise direction at all levels.
- Collaboration with field teams, Client and LA authority to ensure we Deliver Quality Work Safely.
- Design and maintain a programme of works which is in line with resource availability and end to end delivery to the client. Forward planning and proactive planning to avoid early start requests with the LAs.
- The role as Project Manager requires effective co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
- Planning and designing of the build roll out programme in line with project framework and client requirements.
- Together with the Operational field teams, proactively monitor the programme progress, resolve issues as they arise and initiate corrective actions where required.
- Maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally to deliver a realistic programme of works
- Ensure they maintain a financial awareness to deliver the programme of works within budget as it progresses. Support and work in collaboration with the Commercial and Operations Team to achieve this.
- Ensure controls and measures are in place to avoid FPN’s, S.74’s, Defects etc…
- Awareness of CDM regulations to support operational build
- Regular attendance on site to validate build measurements against plan, work in collaboration with field or Commercial team.
- Updating programme of works to address risks and impact on the programme.
- Managing communications with stakeholders. Provide weekly (or as required) updates on the programme to the client and Operational field team, producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle, to include:
- Risks and identified solutions to mitigate them
- Measures against of key programme milestones (KPI’s) and tracking of the baselined programme.
- Early warning notifications of programme delays to the Operational field team
Skills & Qualifications required:
- An industry applicable qualification is very desirable
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS), EUSR
- Prince 2 – Foundation and Practitioner / Microsoft Project or equivalent – desirable
- Knowledge of BT Network would be an advantage
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.