Position: Procurement Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Procurement Manager to join our team at our Head Office in Derby. It is desirable that the successful candidate has previous experience managing the performance of a sub-contractor network.
The role will be reporting to the Managing Director. Key duties of the role will be managing the supply chain network, promoting the purchasing power of the company to take advantage of favourable payment terms, implement cost saving measures and ensure delivery against SLA’s.
You will also have good organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative when required.
Your main activities will include:
- Continually improve the procurement strategy of the organisation; implement new and existing policies to deliver on the long-term objectives.
- Lead all tendering and pre-contract negotiations with suppliers/subcontractors and based on recommendation issue relevant contractual documentation.
- Develop the approved supplier network and continually update the new supplier process to meet the standards expected by the company.
- Manage contractual requirements of the subcontractor network and communicate to the relevant stakeholders in an agreed format and timeframe.
- Identify all known contractual deadlines and associated notice periods.
- Performance review of suppliers to ensure delivery of service is to an acceptable level.
- Reporting bill of materials (BOM) costs monthly, quarterly and annually.
- HSEQ and departmental reporting to allow the business to challenge and establish value adding activities in the supply chain.
- Supporting the Finance department with the implementation and continued development of purchasing approval software.
- Any other reasonable request
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Previous experience of working within a procurement role is essential.
- Desirable CIPS Level 4 experience or qualified by experience (QBE)
- Knowledge of market developments, demand trends and associated risks
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.