Position: Procurement Advisor
Location: Pride Park, Derby
Working hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
Our continued investment in people, technology and systems keeps us at the forefront of our industry sector and we are on the look-out for more enthusiastic, professional and customer focused people to join our growing team.
The role will be reporting to the Finance Manager. You will be preparing key Management Information (MI data) and developing reports to provide an insight on the various measures we use to assess our subcontractor’s performance. You will prepare and organise quarterly subcontractor meetings, including coordinating attendance of stakeholders, preparing and presenting relevant documentation for review and following up on any agreed actions.
You will need to have strong interpersonal skills as the role will require you to build and develop relationships with both external and internal stakeholders in the supply chain.
You will ideally have relevant experience in a similar role or have built a sound knowledge through related qualifications and studies. The role will be working closely with the Finance Manager based in our head office in Derby.
As this is a key role you will need demonstrate good organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage your work commitments and work on your own initiative when required.
Main features of the role:
- Build relevant MI to measure subcontractor performance and improve the quality of information.
- Organise quarterly subcontractor review meetings; preparing agenda and supporting schedules.
- Develop and oversee the ‘onboarding’ process relating to new sub-contractors; support HSEQ and the Management team to collate and audit all required documentation.
- Build relationship with suppliers (e.g. consumables) and implement cost saving measures on overhead expenditure and ensure favourable payments terms are established and delivered against SLA’s.
- Identify all known contractual deadlines and associated notice periods. Notify relevant management to kick start review processes or potential re-tenders. Provide relevant market insights on preferential and favourable terms.
- Continually support in the improvement of the procurement strategy of the organisation; assist with the implement of new and existing policies to deliver on the long-term objectives.
- Performance review of suppliers to ensure delivery of service is to an acceptable level.
- Reporting bill of materials (BOM) costs monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate to the role
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Willingness to study towards the CIPS qualification
- Awareness of market developments, demand trends and associated risks
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages specifically Excel
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Demonstrate resilience with challenging work commitments and relationships
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.