Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role as a Planner based in Wednesbury. This role supports the effective planning and design of VM network throughout the UK. Activities also include support to key customer project for leading telecoms companies in the UK. The focus of the work will be to expand the network, including new development and In-fill areas within specific geographic regions.
This is a permanent position with salary, benefits and also a monthly bonus’s based on performance
Role & Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and prioritisation of Civils and Cable planning work activities
- Progress reporting on planning work activities
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Owning, executing and delivering planning and design requirements for key customer projects supporting new development opportunities
- Creation of detailed job pack for build – including detailed design, cabinet siting and understanding of cost savings against physical specifications.
- Good understanding of requirements for creation of build job packs – including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc
- Augmenting existing plans with legacy equipment, to include/feed new network extensions utilising the latest equipment and using the latest design specifications.
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances through our project team
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate
- Previous use of GIS systems would be useful – GComms
- Effective customer and stakeholder management, including regular project updates clarifying project status as appropriate
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Able to support and input into workflow processes and associated documentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures
- Understanding of Civils & Cabling within a telecommunications arena
- Planning knowledge of homes & Business across legacy and current Cable/Telco access network topologies
- Proven track record of planning successful projects
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.