PIA Cable Operative – Ref: 3278-83HJ
Role: PIA Cable Operative
To build and maintain new and existing Core Fibre Networks, Test rod and rope, Sub duct and fibre pulling on our Physical infrastructure access (PIA) workstream. Identifying blockages and alternative routes and completing the required A55 documentation
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act;
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- NRSWA Accredited
- Safe Working Practices and Gas Testing
- Personal Safety
- Use of telecoms installation & test equipment
- Worked with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification
- Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills
- Adherence to Community Fibre quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by CF at audit
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating VM with details on task closure.
Skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of working on Openreach duct infrastructure.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Driving License.
- Trailer license extremely desirable
- Previous use and knowledge of cable winches will also be desirable