PIA Cable Operative – Ref: 1982 – 1991
Position: PIA Cable Operative
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting and new role to join our Community Fibre department as a Cable Operative. You will be required to build and maintain new and existing Core and Distribution Fibre Networks, specifically fibre cable, sub duct pulling as well as fibre blowing. The role also involves heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, and identifying cables/parts of cables, sub ducts to be worked on in various locations and environments.
Your main activities will include:
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act;
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- NRSWA Accredited
- S007 and SA002 Accredited
- Safe Working Practices and Gas Testing
- Personal Safety
- Use of Fibre installation & test equipment
- Worked with Fibre cables to client specification
- Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills – Whilst interacting with service providers, end users, members of the public and Community Fibre Ltd employees where necessary;
- Adherence to Community Fibre Ltd quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by CFL at audit;
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating CFL with details on task closure.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Driving License
- S007 and SA002 Accredited
- Approved Fibre / Sub Duct installation trained. Confined Spaces City & Guilds preferred, relevant fibre cabling and blowing qualifications.
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.