Operations Manager – Network Build
Position: Operations Manager – Network Build
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We currently have an exciting new role as an Operations Manager based across the Midlands.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of Project Managers to support the delivery and profitability of our projects in line with contractual, legal, regulatory and business requirements, with particular emphasis on large and/or complex opportunities across the Department.
You will be developing the team into a centre of excellent whilst raising the profile of the project management team across Comex 2000, including to the Senior Management Team.
It will be your role to support the Head of Department and other Comex 2000 functions where appropriate to improve operational processes, develop thought leadership for achieving commercial success in new areas and enhance employee and sub-contractor engagement. This will also require you to manage ad hoc projects and requests from time to time and act as deputy for the Head of Department or Director on in-life contract management queries.
Your main activities will include:
- Overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery
- Ownership of the entire project, design, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement etc
- Align the client’s direction and needs
- Interpret contract commitments
- Manage client/contractor expectations within the context of Client and their commitment to continuing our longstanding relationship.
- Ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the projects are being administered to the highest quality
- Ensuring proper interpretation of the drawings and plans are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client
- Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding programs of work, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality
- Demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss & cost to complete reports for each project within the programme
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Manage office and site staff requirements and resourcing against multiple live projects
- Bring innovative ideas
Skills & Qualifications required:
- An industry applicable qualification to degree level is very desirable
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential
- Proven track record of deploying large telecoms infrastructure projects
- Civil engineering specifications and Streetworks regulations
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Able to organise yourself and others workload
- Able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.