Network Engineer – Ref: 3062a 3252-3260 MN
Position: Network Engineer
We currently have 5 exciting new roles to join our Networks team as a Network Engineer. This role is a field based position and will require travelling throughout the UK.
Prior experience of working with the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer oriented candidates coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Main activities will include:
- The ability to identify Noise ingress on the network using specified test equipment
- Jdsu- Cmt2800-Vex meters
- Identification of individual active customer drop cables thru a catv toning process with corrective measures taken to reduce noise
- Knowledge of VM network architecture – Teleste – Phillips- SA – Arris etc desirable
- Self audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintain a clean environment and at all times be polite to the customer
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Ensure vehicles are not over-loaded or otherwise pose a risk
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours
- Full driving license
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
The working week for this role is Monday to Friday.
Please note you must be permitted to work in the EC and hold Full UK driving licence to apply for this job.
All employees are required to complete a DBS check before employment has started
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link: