Position: Quantity Surveyor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We currently have an exciting new role as a Quality Surveyor. Reporting to the Director, you will work alongside the operational teams to provide support and guidance on all matters associated with the NEC4 contract. Ensuring compliance with the contract terms, profitability, general management and accurate reporting at all times.
You will provide commercial support E2E from inception of projects to project closure. You will seek to help us to lower the costs of the projects and enhance value for money while making sure our programmes meet all legal and Quality Assurance requirements and regulations.
We’re looking for someone with a mind for figures, a can-do attitude and brilliant commercial acumen! For the right person this will be a great opportunity to showcase your skills on one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK.
Your main activities will include:
- Ownership of all matters relating to NEC4 Contract Management
- Manage all the costs relating to our engineering projects across the Lightning projects and New Development schemes
- Provide both upwards & downwards guidance
- Attend monthly contractual meetings with the client
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the operational team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Training and development of the Assistant Quantity Surveying team
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for Comex2000.
- Preparation of/assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works and compensation events.
- Working with the operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the operational team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to project variances.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Experienced in NEC3/NEC4 forms of construction contracts on infrastructure projects.
- Chartered status, or working towards
- Ideally having in depth knowledge of civil engineering (telecoms sector)
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple forms of contract and methods of measurement
- Have a Utility or Telecommunication background
- Have a good understanding of Commercial Estimating and Benchmarking alongside experience of negotiating and resolving project issues.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.