MDU Operations Manager
Position: MDU Operations Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We currently have an exciting new role to join our MDU department as an Operations Manager, the successful candidate will head up a multidiscipline build team to deliver a programme of works across the Scotland and Northern regions, mainly within the MDU workstream.
The role will include both upward and downward reporting within Comex2000 and the client at all times providing clear and precise direction at all levels.
Your main activities will include:
- Overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are delivered to the highest standards
- Strong understanding of contractual requirements and commitments
- Health, safety and quality leadership
- Align the client’s direction and needs
- Interpret contract commitments
- Manage client/contractor expectations within the context of Virgin Media’s expectation and their commitment to delivery against set targets
- Ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the projects are being administered to the highest quality
- Short- and long-term planning of resource, plant and materials requirements
- Ensuring proper interpretation of the drawings and plans are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client
- Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding programs of work, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality
- Demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail the required information to support accurate billing of works
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Produce safe and efficient RAMS where required
- Ownership of end to end delivery from completed planning stage through to release and activation
Skills & Qualifications required:
- An industry applicable qualification to degree level or time served of greater than ten years in the industry
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential, particularly HFC and FTTP delivery
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Able to organise yourself and others workload
- Able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Excellent time-management skills
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.