Position: MDU Engineer
Location: London and South Regions
Number of Roles: 4
We are currently recruiting for 4 exciting new roles as an MDU Engineer. This role is a field based position and will require travelling throughout London and the South of the UK to expand the VM network by bringing VM Services to Multi Dwelling Units which are as yet, not served.
Prior experience of working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage as would NRSWA and Working at heights certification but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer oriented candidates, coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Main activities will include:
- Cable Pulling including Rod and Rope of Existing/New Virgin Media duct work
- Externally or Internally block-wiring MDU units as per Plans provided
- Collection or Delivery of Stores nationally
- Customer Notification – Letter Dropping
- Work efficiently, maintaining a clean environment at all times and be polite to the customer/Client.
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work within agreed timescales
- Ensure all works comply with Health & Safety standards and environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor/Manager
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours
- Full driving license
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.