MDU Engineer – Ref: 3240 3241 SB
Position: MDU Engineer
This role is a field-based position and will require travelling throughout the UK to expand the VM network by bringing VM Services to Multi Dwelling Units which are as yet, not served.
Prior experience of working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage as would NRSWA and Working at heights certification but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer-oriented candidates, coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Cable Pulling including Rod and Rope of Existing/New Virgin Media duct work
- Externally or Internally block-wiring MDU units as per Plans provided
- Collection or Delivery of Stores nationally
- Customer Notification – Letter Dropping
- Work efficiently, maintaining a clean environment at all times and be polite to the customer/Client.
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work within agreed timescales
- Ensure all works comply with Health & Safety standards and environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor/Manager
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours
- Full driving license
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.