MDU Engineer – Ref: 3100 3111 TA
Position: MDU Engineer
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
This role is a field-based position and will require travel across Scotland and England with most of the work being focused in Glasgow and Edinburgh to expand the VM network by bringing VM Services to Multi Dwelling Units which are as yet, not served.
Prior experience of working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage as would NRSWA and Working at heights certification but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer-oriented candidates, coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Cable Pulling including Rod and Rope of Existing/New Virgin Media duct work
- Externally or Internally block-wiring MDU units as per Plans provided
- Collection or Delivery of Stores nationally
- Customer Notification – Letter Dropping
- Work efficiently, maintaining a clean environment at all times and be polite to the customer/Client.
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work within agreed timescales
- Ensure all works comply with Health & Safety standards and environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor/Manager
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours
- Full driving license
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training
- Previous experience installing tray work, trunking, and conduit to high standards in desirable
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.