MDU Cable Operatives
Position: MDU Cable Operatives
Number of Roles: 4
We are looking to recruit trainee and experienced MDU engineers for UK wide works. You will be working on a field engineering basis, with emphasis on Internal/External Block wiring including Containment install to a high standard within private dwellings
This role is a field based, position, and will require travelling throughout the UK to Install new Siamese and Fibre cabling to Multi Dwellings and connect on both the HFC and TELCO platforms with minimal customer impact.
Prior experience of working with the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer oriented candidates coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Working at Heights- Ladder and Step Ladder works within Health and Safety parameters
- Possible Elevated Platform Works
- Installation of Containment Internally and Externally -Trunking (pvc-metal) Conduit
- Installation of individual drop cables to customer premises within dwelling
- Correct Labelling of passive customer drop cables
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintain a clean environment and at all times be polite to the customer
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Ensure vehicles are not over-loaded or otherwise pose a risk
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
- Ability to take direction from supervisor/management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours
- Full driving license
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.