Learning and Development Assistant
Position: Learning and Development Assistant
Hours: full time 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
As part of our continued success and growth we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive L&D Assistant who will help support operations and provide a personable customer service.
Reporting to the National Learning & Development Manager, you will work closely with your colleagues in the L&D and HR team to help deliver a first-class hands-on service to support the 700 plus employees across our various UK sites. Your role will also include administration support to our Directors based in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced L&D administrator who can manage diverse work commitments and maintain a strong customer focus.
Main features of the role:
- Providing an excellent customer service by acting as a point of contact for L&D and HR general queries from internal customers through all forms of communication
- To provide general administrative support to the National L&D manager and Executive management team in London
- Providing an efficient L&D service for course administration including the planning and co-ordination of all courses through to administration to delegates, (including, registrations, course instructions, pre-learning material) and dealing with alterations, cancellations etc
- Liaise with Comex 2000 line managers to ensure L&D events are published and communicated to maximise take up and minimise additional charges for cancellations/changes
- Sourcing training and development suppliers where requested, maintain records of any agreements and terms for future reviews
- Escalate queries and concerns with suppliers for immediate attention and resolution
- Help select appropriate learning/training materials and programmes to provide effective and innovative solutions
- Support the L&D with inductions and planning of all training
- Maintaining up-to-date L&D records for all employees and ensure data integrity and controls are used
- Provide relevant reports and MI on L&D within the company for presentation to Managers and the Executive Management Team
- To track the L&D budget and liaise with Executive management team to track purchase order numbers
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to consider options for flexibility when providing a customer-focused service
- High level of integrity and ability to recognise and correct mistakes and maintain continuous improvements
- Ability to work pro-actively and under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met, or queries resolved
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of where to access up to date learning and development information
- Excellent communication skills and a professional, confident, ‘can do’ attitude
- An ability to build relationships
- An excellent understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.