Inventory Manager – Ref: 2091
Position: Inventory Manager
Location: Pride Park, Derby
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
Our continued investment in people, technology and systems keeps us at the forefront of our industry sector and we are on the look-out for more enthusiastic, professional and customer focused people to join our growing team.
This role is reporting directly to the Head of Finance. The role initially will focus on standardising warehouse processes, implementing strong housekeeping measures and reviewing current processes and practices. All improvements made must support the introduction of inventory management software in Q1 2021.
You will also have good organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative. There will be a requirement to travel to different sites, this will be essential during key periods throughout the month.
Specific duties include:
- Review and centralise the ordering of all heavy and dirty materials.
- Review all BOM suppliers with Head of Finance.
- Complete all site inventory counts in line with the monthly Finance timetable.
- Document and update standard processes, agree policies and practices
- Implement and maintain the various systems and controls to ensure management of inventory
- Ensure all deliveries are GRN’d into the document management system when items are delivered.
- Implement strong housekeeping practices in all sites for warehouse and yard areas, working with SHHEQ department to ensure health and safety measures are adhered to.
- Review all site Personal Protective Equipment requirements and standardise the ordering process and control.
- Work alongside key stakeholders to develop a robust asset management tracker for each workstream.
- Promoting the purchasing power of the company to take advantage of favourable payment terms and ensure delivery against SLA’s.
- Any other reasonable request
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages specifically Excel is essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Training will be provided if required.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate where necessary
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.