Position: HSEQ Manager
Location: West Midlands
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
Our continued investment in people, technology and systems keeps us at the forefront of our industry sector and we are on the look-out for more enthusiastic, professional and customer focused people to join our growing team.
We currently have an exciting new vacancy to join our HSEQ team as a HSEQ Manager. We require the successful candidate to provide management support, advice and information necessary for the Civils & Cabling Operations Team to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe, environmentally-friendly manner with a zero-harm culture.
We also require the successful candidate to be seen to add value to the Operations Team through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the HSEQ & Operations Team.
Main duties include:
- Support the Operations Team with the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
- Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
- Help the Operations Teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
- A strong understanding of sub-contractor management.
- Highlight areas of strength and best practice so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them.
- Assist and support Projects to improve HSEQ performance.
- Undertake investigations of incidents and participate in complex investigations, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ownership of training for management & operatives, ensuring compliance.
- Take ownership of Comex2000 procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Health & Safety Management Experience
- Quality & Assurance management systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate Qualified
- Experience of auditing to BSI: ISO 9001 & 18001
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills, suitable for clients, sub-contractors & our workforce.
- An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes-conflicting priorities of the management team.
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
- The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
- The ability to work within a team and influence others.
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
- Able to undertake audits
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.