Position: HSEQ Manager
Salary: Depending on experience
We currently have an exciting new vacancy to join our HSEQ team as a HSEQ Manager. We require the successful candidate to provide management support, advice and information necessary for the Civils & Cabling Operations Team to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe, environmentally-friendly manner with a zero-harm culture.
We also require the successful candidate to be seen to add value to the Operations Team through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the HSEQ & Operations Team.
Main duties include:
- Support the Operations Team with the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
- Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
- Help the Operations Teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
- A strong understanding of sub-contractor management.
- Highlight areas of strength and best practice so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them.
- Assist and support Projects to improve HSEQ performance.
- Undertake investigations of incidents and participate in complex investigations, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ownership of training for management & operatives, ensuring compliance.
- Take ownership of Comex2000 procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Health & Safety Management Experience
- Quality & Assurance management systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate Qualified
- Experience of auditing to BSI:iso 9001 & 18001
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, suitable for clients, sub-contractors & our workforce.
- An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes conflicting priorities of the management team.
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
- The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
- The ability to work within a team and influence others.
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
- Able to undertake audits
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please respond to this advert in writing including a copy of your CV and your salary expectations.