HR Assistant – Ref: 1800
Position: HR Assistant
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
Your main activities will include:
- Support the HR Advisor and Head of HR with case management, performance, absence, recruitment issues and produce relevant correspondence for administration
- Support the performance review process including guidance to managers / employees around appraisals, one-to-one’s, probation reviews etc.
- Generate reports and MI data periodically to produce analytical data for directorates and department
- Assist with periodic and ad hoc projects e.g. annual pay reviews, apprentices, inductions
- Administer necessary letters for internal changes, i.e. promotions, transfers, leavers, reference requests
- Support the onboarding process and provide assistance where required to the Recruitment Assistant
- Develop a strong understanding of people management practices, HR policies and procedures as well as best practices to provide both management and employees support.
- Handle queries in a prompt and diligent manner and escalate where necessary to the HR Advisor or Head of HR
- Keep an active and solid understanding of employment law changes to assist in the creation and constant development of policies, procedures and promoting best practice.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices and look for new and efficient ways of working
- Work closely with your colleagues in the HR team and relevant support service functions to deliver a strong and confident HR service
- Train and coach managers in HR practices and relevant policies and procedures, as well as best practices
- You will be required to travel to the various sites including Midlands, Nottingham and London.
- Responsible for own health and safety and adhering to company policy and procedures
- Responsible for ongoing personal development to assist the business
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job, as well as productivity and efficiency
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to the day to day business needs and demands
- Excellent team player who works well with others and shows inclusive behaviours
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Willingness to achieve and work towards results – ‘can do attitude’
- Use of own initiative to improve work performance
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and VM systems
- Ability to travel as necessary
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.