HR Assistant FTC – Ref: 2033
Position: HR Assistant
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
If you are keen to demonstrate your HR skills and put the learning you have into practice then come and join our team in Comex. As part of a team of 3 HR Assistants you will help to support and manage the full employee life cycle from on-boarding new candidates to undertaking exit interviews. you will have a keen eye to detail and self motivated to deliver work on time and to high standards. This role would be perfect form someone looking to take the step up or expand their knowledge within HR. The team in made up of experienced HR & recruitment individuals who are always at hand to help you as and when you need. So why not come join us and see where your career with Comex takes you.
Your main activities will include:
- Support the HR Team and internal recruitment team with case management, performance, absence, recruitment issues and produce relevant correspondence for administration
- Support the performance review process including guidance to managers / employees around appraisals, one-to-one’s, probation reviews etc.
- Generate reports and MI data periodically to produce analytical data for directorates and department.
- Assist with periodic and ad hoc projects e.g. annual pay reviews, apprentices, inductions
- Administer necessary letters for internal changes, i.e. promotions, transfers, leavers, reference requests
- Support the onboarding process and provide assistance where required to the Recruitment Team
- Develop a strong understanding of people management practices, HR policies and procedures as well as best practices to provide both management and employees support.
- Handle queries in a prompt and diligent manner and escalate where necessary to the HR Advisor or Head of HR
- Keep an active and solid understanding of employment law changes to assist in the creation and constant development of policies, procedures and promoting best practice.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices and look for new and efficient ways of working
- Work closely with your colleagues in the HR team and relevant support service functions to deliver a strong and confident HR service
- Train and coach managers in HR practices and relevant policies and procedures, as well as best practices
- You will be required to travel to the various sites including Midlands, Nottingham and London.
- Responsible for own health and safety and adhering to company policy and procedures
- Responsible for ongoing personal development to assist the business
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job, as well as productivity and efficiency
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to the day to day business needs and demands
- Excellent team player who works well with others and shows inclusive behaviours
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Willingness to achieve and work towards results – ‘can do attitude’
- Use of own initiative to improve work performance
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and VM systems
- Ability to travel as necessary
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.