Position: HR Assistant
Hours: full time 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
As part of our continued success and growth we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive HR Assistant who will help support operations and provide a personable customer service.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will feed into the development and delivery of our People practices to support the business’ ambitions. You will work closely with your colleagues in the HR team and help to deliver a first-class hands-on HR service to support the 700 plus employees across our various UK sites.
As part of the role you may be required to travel to the various sites including Midlands, Nottingham and London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR administrator with a broad range of HR skills who is keen to put their expertise to use.
Main features of the role:
Manage complete process for internal changes, i.e. promotions, transfers, leavers, reference requests and liaise closely with relevant personnel e.g. payroll, managers.
- Responsible for the administration and updates of benefit schemes, liaising with external parties as necessary.
- Support the HR Advisor and Head of HR with case management, performance, absence, recruitment issues and produce relevant correspondence for administration
- Support the performance review process including guidance to managers / employees around appraisals, one-to-one’s, probation reviews etc.
- Generate reports and MI data periodically to produce analytical data for directorates and department
- Assist with periodic and ad hoc projects e.g. annual pay reviews, apprentices, inductions
- Be the first point of contact for all recruitment related queries and matters, providing all stakeholders full support and handling queries in a prompt and diligent manner.
- Ensure all relevant On-Boarding documentation is obtained and checked to meet compliance and legal requirements (DBS checks, Eligibility to Work, vehicle licences etc).
- Develop a strong understanding of people management practices, HR policies and procedures as well as best practices to provide both management and employees support.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job, as well as productivity and efficiency
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to the day to day business needs and demands
- Excellent team player who works well with others and shows inclusive behaviours
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Willingness to achieve and work towards results – ‘can do attitude’
- Use of own initiative to improve work performance
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and VM systems
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and salary expectations or alternatively please send an email to email@example.com.