HR Advisor – Ref: 1802
Position: HR Advisor
Salary: Competitive – D.O.E
Location: Enfield or Midlands based
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
As part of our continued success and growth we are looking to appoint a proactive HR Advisor who can confidently support managers, at all levels, with the full discipline of HR matters i.e. employee relations, performance management, absence. You will have strong practical experience and knowledge of HR processes and procedures and use these to build the confidence and capability of managers, through coaching and delivering people management training sessions.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will develop and deliver progressive people practices supporting the business’ goals and ambitions. You will work closely with your colleagues in the HR team to deliver a first-class, hands-on HR service to support over 550 employees across our various UK sites. You will be required to travel to the various sites including Midlands and London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional with a broad range of HR generalist skills who is keen to put their expertise to use.
Main features of the role:
- Provide full, generalist HR duties to the organisation across the various sites
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries and matters, providing both management and employees full support and handling queries in a prompt and diligent manner
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management
- Be confident in supporting managers in the employee life cycle
- Train and coach managers in people management practices, HR policies and procedures as well as best practices
- Keep an active and solid understanding of employment law changes to assist in the creation and constant development of policies, procedure and promoting best practice.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices and look for new and efficient ways of working
- Generate MI data and analysis for directorates and departments
- Support the development of the HR Assistant and provide supervisory guidance where necessary
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Confidence in approach to advice aall levels of managers on a wide variety of employee relations case work including – disciplinary, performance management, capability, sickness, absence, and complex cases
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and practice
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job, as well as productivity and efficiency
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to the day to day business needs and demands
- Excellent team player who works well with others and shows inclusive behaviours
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Willingness to achieve and work towards results – ‘can do attitude’
- Use of own initiative to improve work performance
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and HR systems
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.