HFC Engineer – Ref: 1977
Position: HFC Engineer
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
As a HFC Engineer you will upgrade, recommission and test on existing and new build HFC networks to the customer specifications. This will include external and internal works.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Installation and commission of new Teleste AC8710 1.2 Gig Fibre Optical Node Amplifier.
- Installation and commission of new Technetix DBC,DBD,DBE Amplifiers
- Fault finding and repair on existing HFC Networks
- Installation and commission of new Celab,Alpha 60vlt PSU.
- Understanding of redesigned schematics to carry out upgrade works in the field.
- All commission data and test results uploaded on a daily basis
- Outside works in street cabinets
- Inside building works.
- Constant communication with Site Manager to assist with completion of upgraded works.
- The usage of plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Ensure to bring sufficient hardware & tools out to site each day, (this may require you to start and finish at the yard each day).
- Ensure all daily reporting, completions and test results are mailed to the site Manager.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to site Manager with respect to compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out comply with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices and Health & Safety requirements at all times.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- 3 year working experience on HFC Networks
- Test Equipment Experience – JDSU D-Sam, Trilithic SLM, Sunrise CM2800, or similar.
- Worked on a live network for 3 years or more.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Decision making – Ability to make good and effective judgements when presented with available data.
- Resilience – Ability to cope under pressure with maximum perseverance.
- Planning and Organisation – Ability to identify requisite steps to be taken in order to achieve specified objectives and ultimate team success.
- Computer literacy – Ability to use computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel
- Personal presentation – requirement to maintain a professional level in relation to individual appearance always.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.