Head of Safety, Sustainability, Health, Environment & Quality (SSHEQ) Ref:1775
Position: Head of Safety, Sustainability, Health, Environment & Quality (SSHEQ)
Location: Midlands based – with nationwide travel
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network build, installation and maintenance. We offer an end to end solution to our clients, across the UK and Ireland.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees.
Our continuous investment in our people, infrastructure and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to build our current resource with over 500 employees located in 7 different locations nationwide.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individual who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The main focus of the Head of Safety, Sustainability, Health, Environment & Quality (SSHEQ) role is to promote a positive SSHEQ culture in the business and demonstrate visible leadership whilst maintaining the SSHEQ management system in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Promote a positive SSHEQ culture and demonstrate visible leadership.
- Support and implement the SSHEQ cultural change programme.
- Actively working towards the achievement of the annual business SSHEQ strategy, objectives and targets.
- Maintain close co-operation with the management team on all matters relating to SSHEQ.
- Provide Legislative and Regulation advice to the management team on all matters relating to SSHEQ to ensure compliance.
- Represent the business on SSHEQ matters, collaborating with clients, certification bodies and other external organisations.
- Develop and lead a programme of internal & external (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001) audits to ensure that all relevant regulations, policies and procedures are being observed.
- Monitor the operation of SSHEQ policies and management systems, advising and assisting in its amendments.
- Provide easy to access advice and assistance to all personnel on risks, impacts and compliance with SSHEQ procedures.
- Lead investigations following major events in accordance with procedures.
- Supervise the recording and analysis of information from events and near misses. Assess trends and review overall SSHEQ performance developing actions for improvements.
- Report to the management team any unsafe practices or breaches of legislation identified and ensure lessons learnt reduce the potential of repeated incidents in the future.
- Support the identification, selection and organisation of relevant SSHEQ training.
- Ensure that advice and assistance is available as required with the preparation, review and update of project specific SSHEQ Plans (Construction Phase Plans) and the administration associated with these is maintained.
- Develop monthly reports on SSHEQ matters.
- Liaise where necessary with the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authorities, Fire Authorities, Environment Agency and any other safety and environmental organisations.
- Set a good personal example.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Chartered membership of IOSH (or working towards Chartership)
- Associate member of IEMA
- Sound construction experience including CDM compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of SSHEQ legislation & best practice.
- Good oral, written, analytical and presentation skills.
- The ability to work to tight timescales to ensure objectives are met.
We offer competitive pay, and 33 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Personal health insurance
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert via email to email@example.com with ‘Head of SSHEQ Role’ in the subject line, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.