Head of Network Build – Ref:1543a
Position: Head of Network Build
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role as the Head of our Network Build department. As the Head of Network Build you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of operational managers to support the delivery and profitability of our projects in line with contractual, legal, regulatory and business requirements, with particular emphasis on large and/or complex opportunities across the department.
You will be developing the operational team into a centre of excellent whilst raising the profile of the management team across Comex 2000, including to Senior Management.
It will be your role to support the director and other Comex 2000 functions where appropriate to improve operational processes, develop thought leadership for achieving commercial success in new areas and enhance employee and sub-contractor engagement. This will also require you to manage ad hoc projects and requests from time to time and act as deputy for the Director on in life contract management queries.
Your main activities will include:
- To manage major contracts & frameworks in-life and through renewal, providing high quality Operational & Commercial leadership, delivering incremental revenue and profit, whilst maintaining customer relationships
- Overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery
- Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost-effective approach in delivering outstanding programs of work, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality
- To develop and implement systems, processes and procedures to protect the risk profile of contractual obligations and achieve optimum value from the contracts on an on-going basis and to embed them in the team
- To lead in the planning, implementation and management of large contracts, ensuring the efficient delivery of robust Operational Plans
- Development of strong team working relationships, and provision of ‘front-line’ support to the effective management and administration of the projects entered into
- Prepare guidance for relevant stakeholders associated with the contract and regularly review performance against the project both internally with the team and with the client
- Drive cost base improvement by engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential, particularly civil engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing projects, developing successful profitable solutions and managing opportunities and risks through the full lifecycle, preferably including exit management
- High degree of IT literacy across Microsoft and Cloud based applications
- High commercial acumen and contract terminology knowledge
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead by example, set high standards, translate strategies into action and deliver against challenging objectives across complex environments
- Proven contract management track record with ability to improve business performance
- Best-in-class negotiation, relationship management and influencing skills at a senior level
- Outstanding commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Able to write in clear & concise English, ensuring contract clauses are unambiguous, achieve desired commercial outcomes & are legally compliant
- Experience of Managing P&L and the impact of decisions on budgets/forecasts
- Must be able to assimilate, understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.