FTTH Engineer – GT
Position: FTTH Engineer
Location: Home Counties, Berkshire/Reading
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new position as an installation engineer.
The role will be working on a field engineering basis but will include a large amounts of customer service as this is a customer facing role. Your role will include installing FTTH broadband services to residential customers.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and will require travelling throughout the home counties to install services at residential properties.
Prior experience of customer service and working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we will be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented candidates coming from other backgrounds.
This role will involve external and internal cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Installation of FTTH Broadband services in residential premises.
- Deliver professional and concise customer education.
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment and at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy.
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to take direction from management and execute works in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Quick learning skills.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients