Fleet Manager – Ref: 2093MP
Position: Fleet Manager
Location: West Midlands
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance nationwide.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are currently looking for highly organised candidates with good quantitative ability for a Fleet Manager position within Comex 2000. You will have responsibility for the company fleet strategy through effective management and improving efficiencies to maintaining a quality fleet operation. As part of this role, you will maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, management of drivers and fuel management. This role will require sound leadership and decision-making skills to ensure delivery against the strategy.
Your main activities will include:
- Competently manage the fleet procurement, rental, leasing and maintenance processes, ensuring that fleet availability, performance, user satisfaction, and costs are managed within any agreed and set levels
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment in the fleet are properly maintained, registered, licensed, tested, and operating in accordance with legal requirements and regulations.
- Ensure that operators of vehicles and equipment in the fleet receive proper instruction and refresher training needed to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to or misuse of vehicles and equipment.
- Work closely with the Head of SSHEQ to provide internal and external assurance of Vehicle Fleet Compliance incorporating Safety, Health and Environmental compliances.
- To confer with various departments regarding the needs and issues of vehicles that need to be addressed and ensure timely resolution of relevant conflicts and make sure that the vehicles are maintained and that they are operating properly.
- Work closely with the maintenance suppliers to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
- To maintain statistical reports, files and relevant records related to maintenance, repairs, depreciation, mileage, etc.
- To lead and motivate the team to ensure the best possible outcome to improve the overall fleet performance.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties including contractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for own health and safety and adhering to company policy and procedures
- Responsible for ongoing personal development to assist the business
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Qualifications in Fleet Management or Logistics – (e.g. Level 3 Diploma in Fleet Management, O Licence and CPC licence)
- Credible experience in managing fleet logistics or general transportation
- Experience with O Licence, CPC licence and HGV’s
- 2+ years’ management or supervisory experience
- Flexible in working hours and requirements i.e.work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, computer literate and proficient in Microsoft packages
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employee (terms and conditions apply)
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.