Fleet Auditor – Ref: 2465 – RN
Position: Fleet Auditor
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support and identify knowledge gaps in all operating locations and assist to provide the necessary information and training in order to fill those gaps from direction of the Fleet Manager.
- Provide exceptional service to our internal customers, the first time and every time.
- Carry out LIVE vehicle audits/checks daily.
- Health checks to be carried out across the fleet, drivers to be made aware of all aspects of the vehicle, from understanding vehicle checks to servicing and maintaining a heathy vehicle for operation.
- Hands on approach/some knowledge required to carry out small repairs (i.e., mirrors, cameras, windscreen wipers, trims etc.).
- Liaise with local body shops to obtain estimates re damages and pass on to the Fleet Manager to authorise via PO request.
- Assist company drivers with booking servicing, assisting to reduce VOR and when involved in an accident.
- To report high cost SMR work to the Fleet admin and Fleet Manager for review.
- Carry out driver assessments to identify further training requirements and raise awareness of driving standards.
- Report back LIVE to Head Office on any internal fleet changes re new drivers assigned or swap outs.
- Support back up required re Warehouseman when out of the business if on leave/training.
- Attend local site meetings for briefings on fleet, more importantly when Managers are completing ‘Tool Box Talks’ around fleet issues.
- Ensure vehicle spec to departmental requirement is correct before assigning out to driver and recorded accordingly.
Other main responsibilities also include:
- Following agreed internal procedure and paying close attention to detail when complete assigning a driver into and out of a vehicle.
- Liaise with the Fleet team on unaddressed vehicle maintenance issues arising out of the audit.
- Return incorrect, inaccurate and incomplete paperwork to suppliers/manufacturers for rectification.
- Downloading of documents to company database and from online supplier’s portals.
- Requesting documentation by phone call and email.
- Dealing with staff requests for documentation pertaining to their fleet.
- Housekeeping of the relevant local paperwork to ensure there is no missing documentation via SharePoint.
- Keeping accurate paper and electronic records in line with team and Operations Department protocol.
- Manage customer queries escalating to the Fleet lead, relevant personnel and Operations Director as appropriate or necessary to ensure a satisfactory conclusion for all parties
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Flexible working attitude
- Good time management
- IT knowledge required in Excel, Outlook, and Word as a minimum
- Previous experience in an automotive role such as: Workshop technician, fitter or fleet lead.
- Clean Driving licence: B+E as a minimum, C1, C1+E, C or C+E desirable.