Field Survey Manager – Ref: 3188
Position: Field Survey Manager
Location: National with Regional travel
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the quality, productivity and efficiency in the field. The team manager will also be tasked with ensuring that we achieve a right first-time approach to prevent unnecessary re-visits, additional running costs and delays to the planning delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that the returned survey pack quality is produced to the required standard by carrying out regular checks on the completed design. Externally reviewing surveys and assessing whilst in field / on-site
- Ensuring consistent approaches and best practices are adopted and adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring full adherence to the agreed SLA’s for visit times and pack write ups by monitoring attendance and production daily.
- Allocation of work commitments and schedules to ensure delivery against planned or agreed targets. Adjusting and re-working work across the team to manage variations in work commitments.
- Being the subject matter expert and escalation point for all work matters and provide advice to direct reports and sharing performance and productivity with the Head of.
- Responsible for the training and support of all new and existing employees to bring each surveyor up to the required standard expected by our client and workstream, the team manager will also support the L&D department with dual training the team to ensure they are multi skilled, this will allow us to fully utilise all resource and reduced travel times thus improving our efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for ensuring every employee adheres to full health and safety and fleet management by monitoring APP usage, conducting spot checks and field ride outs with each team member.
- will work closely with the planning team manager to identify performance concerns that require additional focus and support so that the required education, training and support mechanisms can be applied to improve individual performance and reduce error rates and re-visits.
- Responsible for carrying out monthly coaching visits along with quarterly one to ones unless there are performance issue which would see a more focused measure and timeline applied to the employee.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Industry experience in Telecommunications is preferential
- Previous managerial experience is essential and experience of managing remote workers is also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills will be required at all times
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages incl Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must
- Organised, professional and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.