Fibre Splicer – Ref: 1972
Position: Fibre Splicer
Location: West Midlands
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for Fibre Splicers to come on board at as a Fibre Splicer based across the West Midlands. You will play a key role and will be responsible for splicing and testing on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Fusion Spicing – Fujikura 70s or similar
- Live network splicing
- Hard splicing and patching
- New Build(Building new splice points using various joint closures and Optical distribution frames)
- OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD – Using Exfo FTB 200 mainframes or similar
- Produce fibre characterization reports
- Be able to analyse the trace results to pin point any problems
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
Technical Skills Required
- 2 year working experience with Fibre optics products
- OTDR Experience – EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar
- Fusion splicing – Fujikura 60s,70s or similar
- Worked on a live network for 2 years or more
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages incl Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Organised, professional and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.