Position: Fibre Splicer
Location: Central London
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Fibre Splicer to come on board at Comex 2000 UK. As a Fibre Splicer, you will play a key role and will be responsible for splicing and testing on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fusion Spicing – Fujikura 70s or similar
- Live network splicing
- Hard splicing and patching
- New Build( Building new splice points using various joint clousures and Optical distribution frames)
Fibre Optic Testing
- OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD – Using Exfo FTB 200 mainframes or similar
- Produce fibre characterization reports
- Be able to analyse the trace results to pin point any problems
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
Technical skills required
- 2 year working experience with Fibre optics products
- Otdr Experience – EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar
- Fusion splicing – Fujikura 60s,70s or similar
- Worked on a live network for 2 years or more
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages incl Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Organised, professional and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.