Fibre Optic Engineer – Ref: 2006, 2066, 2067, 2070JV
Position: Fibre Optic Engineer x4
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
As a Fibre optic engineer you will splice and test on existing and new build networks to the customer specifications. This will include external and internal works.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Install, terminate and test all types of fibre optic cables
- Constant communication with Project Manager to assist with completion of fibre works.
- The usage of plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Adherence to all Health and safety practises
- Ensure to bring sufficient hardware & tools out to site each day.
- Ensure all daily reporting, fibre characterization and test results are mailed to the Project Manager.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to Project Manager with respect to compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out comply with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices at all times.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to Area Manager with respect to compliance issues.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Otdr Experience – EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar.
- Fusion splicing – Fujikura 60s, 70s, 90s or similar.
- 2 year working experience with Fibre optics products
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary