Fibre Optic Engineer – JVDM
Role: Fibre Optic Engineer
Location: Manchester with National Travel
At present we are looking to recruit a Fibre Optic Engineer to provide support to our Fibre team. As a Fibre optic engineer, you will perform your duties on existing and new build networks. This will include internal and external works. The engineer will carry out their duties in line with engineering specifications as defined by the client.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Install, terminate and test on all fibre optic cable types -SM/MM – 8 core up to 432 core fibre cables.
- Advanced Fibre optic testing – OTDR/ILM/CD/PMD.
- Installation of closures, couplers, ODf’s and cabinets.
- Execution and Maintenance/fault finding on existing fibre optic infrastructure.
- In constant communication with the Project Manager to assist with completion of fibre works.
- The usage of plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Adherence to all health and safety practises
- Ensure to bring sufficient hardware & tools out to site each day.
- Ensure all daily reporting, fibre characterization and documentation is mailed to the Project Manager daily.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to Project Manager any compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out complies with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices at all times.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Otdr Experience – EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar.
- Fusion splicing – Fujikura 60s, 70s or similar.
- 5 year working experience with Fibre optics products
- Worked on a live network for 3 years or more.
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
- Ability to use computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Visio and to learn new computer skills where required.