Fibre Optic Engineer
Position: Fibre Optic Engineer
Location: Main location will be London/Home Counties but regular national travel will be required
Number of roles: 2
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
Our continued investment in people, technology and systems keeps us at the forefront of our industry sector and we are on the look-out for more enthusiastic, professional and customer focused people to join our growing team.
As a Fibre optic engineer, you will perform your duties on existing and new build networks. This will include internal and external works.
The engineer will carry out their duties in line with engineering specifications as defined by the client.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Install, terminate and test on all fibre optic cable types -SM/MM
- In constant communication with Project Manager to assist with completion of fibre works.
- The usage of plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Adherence to all Health and safety practises
- Ensure to bring sufficient hardware & tools out to site each day.
- Ensure all daily reporting, fibre characterization and documentation is mailed to the Project Manager daily.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions. Report back to Project Manager any compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out complies with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices at all times.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Otdr Experience – EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar.
- Fusion splicing – Fujikura 60s, 70s or similar.
- 2 year working experience with Fibre optics products
- Read and understand Visio straight line diagrams
- Understand written work instructions on MS word
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.
Before applying please take the time to review the Comex2000 Privacy Notice.