Construction Team Manager
Position: Residential Construction Team Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We are currently recruiting for a new exciting position as a Construction Team Manager, the role will be field based across London.
As a Construction Team Manager for Residential installation you will manage and control the Under 3 Meter Construction activities of your team whilst delivering specific targets. A field based manager, you will be expected to offer leadership with a responsibility for team success. The implementation and monitoring of agreed objectives for the team will be priority, whilst also ensuring company policies are followed and the best possible service is delivered to the client.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing the field activity of your team whilst ensuring Health & safety policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Working to NRSWA Guidelines.
- Monitor Team performance and activity. This includes pre-pull works, under 3 Meter small dig works.
- Implementation of new recruits/trainees into your team. Regularly asses trainees within your team through to sign off with Virgin Media.
- Managing daily completion rates, ensuring customers and client are kept fully updated
- Maintain our company image, ensuring a good reputation is upheld at all times, when dealing with our clients and their customers.
- Resolve any issues raised by the technicians within your team and escalate issues outside your remit where appropriate.
- Use your own initiative and seize every opportunity to enhance customers overall experience.
- Ensure all complaints are promptly addressed, with minimal customer and client inconvenience and confirm satisfactory resolution on each occasion.
- Managing discipline
- Managing staff and mentoring team members
- Managing team member’s sickness and attendance.
- Holding regular team briefs, task delegation, review team issues and overall performance.
- Setting regular targets and objectives in conjunction with your Manager.
- Site communication – encourage respect with open, transparent communication.
- Inspiring and motivating staff to increase performance.
- Performance management.
- Providing regular coaching and support to your team.
- Providing individual feedback to team members where appropriate.
- Lead by example
- Uphold and maintenance of team morale.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Decision making and good judgement – Ability to make good and effective judgements when presented with available data.
- Influencing – Ability to influence others.
- Leadership and Vision – Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose.
- Resilience – Ability to cope under pressure with maximum perseverance.
- Thought process – Ability to think laterally and constructively.
- Planning and Organisation – Ability to identify requisite steps to be taken in order to achieve specified objectives and ultimate team success.
- Accountability – Taking personal responsibility for actions of a team.
- Computer literacy – Ability to use computer applications such as MS Word and MS Excel, and to learn new computer skills where required.
- Personal presentation – requirement to maintain a professional level in relation to individual appearance at all times.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.