Position: Residential Construction Auditor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We are looking to recruit for an exciting new role as a Residential Construction Team Auditor. Working in a multi-disciplined team of engineers you will self-motivated managing and controlling the Under 3 Meter Construction audits of the team. Whilst delivering specific targets, you will be expected to offer leadership with a responsibility for quality, legislation and client procedures.
The implementation and monitoring of agreed objectives for the team will be priority, whilst also ensuring company policies are followed and the best possible service is delivered to the team and client.
Residential Installation and construction experience on the Virgin media project is preferred.
You should be confident in Microsoft Office including, email, word and excel.
Your main activities will include:
- You will be based mainly on the road with time aside for administration.
- Managing field audits including ensuring Health & safety policies and procedures are always adhered to. Working to NRSWA Guidelines.
- Producing performance reports against findings.
- Monitor quality performance through audit activity. This will include pre-pull works, under 3 Meter small construction works.
- Assist in the Implementation of new recruits into the teams, regularly assessments for quality assurance.
- Maintain our company image, ensuring a good reputation is always upheld , when dealing with our clients and their customers.
- Assist to resolve any issues raised by the engineers around quality aspects within the teams and escalate issues outside your remit where appropriate.
- Use your own initiative and seize every opportunity to enhance customers overall experience.
- Ensure all quality complaints are promptly addressed, with minimal customer and client inconvenience and confirm satisfactory resolution on each occasion.
- Performance management of staff
- Mentoring team members, working alongside our Learning & Development team.
- Assist in regular team briefs reviewing team issues and overall performance.
- Setting regular targets and objectives in conjunction with your Manager and client
- Site communication – encourage respect with open, transparent communication.
- Inspiring and motivating staff to increase performance.
- Providing regular coaching, development and support to your team.
- Providing individual feedback to team members where appropriate.
- Lead by example
- Uphold and maintenance of team morale.
- Communication – Ability to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Decision making and good judgement – Ability to make good and effective judgements when presented with available data.
- Influencing – Ability to influence others.
- Leadership and Vision – Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose.
- Resilience – Ability to cope under pressure with maximum perseverance.
- Thought process – Ability to think laterally and constructively.
- Planning and Organisation – Ability to identify requisite steps to be taken to achieve specified objectives and ultimate team success.
- Accountability – Taking personal responsibility for actions of a team.
- Computer literacy – Ability to use computer applications such as MS Word and MS Excel, and to learn new computer skills where required.
- Personal presentation – requirement to maintain a professional level in relation to individual appearance always.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and Training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.