Civils Supervisor Ref:1768-1770
Position: Civils Supervisor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
Responsible for overseeing field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe, compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance.
Main duties include:
- Completing daily audits (MWorker – live and retro), analysing and feeding back results to operational managers including, Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Ensure works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance
- Demonstrate strong leadership with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Understand permit/noticing requirements and ensure these are adhered too
- Work closely with our client’s field operations teams
- Deal with members of public in a polite and professional manner
- Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required (utility stats, clear engineering drawings, etc)
- Timely communication and updates with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans
- Accurate measures of work undertaken
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings
- Early identification of problematic issues on site, and timely reporting of these
- Manage and ensure adherence to the CDM guidelines specific to supervisor responsibilities
- Promoting Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
- Detailed investigations of any utility strikes
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager
- Uploading documents to Comex or the client’s systems, in line with project requirements.
- Supervise any Traffic Management requirements
- Understand client KPIs and SLAs and mitigate any risk
- Collaboration with internal teams, client and local authorities.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Red Book Safety at Street Works and Road Works (Code of Practice)
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have good IT skills, sound knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word, Visio etc.
- Knowledge of Telecoms Network Build would be an advantage
- NRSWA Level 10-16
- SSSTS or SMSTS and any other equivalent industry qualification / experience
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
A generous contributory pension scheme
Opportunities for career progression
Development and training
Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.