Civils Project Manager – Ref:1792
Position: Civils Project Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new role in Wolverhampton as a Civils Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day project management of upcoming works to ensure they are carried out diligently and accurately.
A professional and confidential manner will be required at all times. You will be responsible for overseeing all field activities and staff to ensure that production, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Principal duties include working with the contractors to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver an outstanding level of service whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
With assistance from the Management team you will also demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each scheme.
Your main activities will include:
- Update various databases daily.
- Take a pro-active approach with the forward planning and reporting of the project
- Be creative and find innovative ways to improve the project.
- Create monthly reports.
- Answering calls and liaising with clients/Local authorities/subcontractors competently
- Track and manage scheduling and noticing of scheduled works
- Track and manage subcontractor invoices/billing
- Assisting colleagues and co-workers with ad hoc duties as requested
- Responsible for own health and safety and adhering to company policy and procedures
- Responsible for ongoing personal development to assist the business
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages especially Excel
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- Proficient working knowledge of Exor and permitting
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and Training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.